Everton clinch deal for John Stones
David Moyes desperately trying to add to squad
Everton have completed a deal for John Stones from Barnsley in a £3m deal.
The 18-year-old right back has signed a five-and-a-half year deal.
The 6ft 2ins player has made 28 appearances for the Tykes, scoring his first goal in a 4-3 League Cup victory over Rochdale in August last year.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining Everton. I've been very impressed with everything I have seen at Finch Farm already. Now the hard work begins."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us