Everton clinch deal for John Stones
David Moyes desperately trying to add to squad
Everton have completed a deal for John Stones from Barnsley in a £3m deal.
The 18-year-old right back has signed a five-and-a-half year deal.
The 6ft 2ins player has made 28 appearances for the Tykes, scoring his first goal in a 4-3 League Cup victory over Rochdale in August last year.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining Everton. I've been very impressed with everything I have seen at Finch Farm already. Now the hard work begins."
Latest in Sport
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia