Everton transfer news: Toffees chasing Dutch pair Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi
Roberto Martinez interest in the two Netherlands defenders
Everton are chasing Netherlands defenders Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi, according to reports.
The pair starred in the 5-1 thrashing of Spain, with 22-year-old De Vrij the scorer of the crucial third goal.
The Feyernoord pair have been spotted by Roberto Martinez who is working in Brazil for ESPN, according to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
Martins Indi, 22, almost joined Martinez at Goodison Park last summer but a potential move cooled because Leighton Baines was never sold to Manchester United. Bruno Martins Indi almost joined the Toffees last summer
Martinez last week signed a new deal, keeping him at the club until 2019.
"I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton," Martinez said. "I loved my first season at the club. I could not be more proud of the way Everton performed throughout the entire season and the memories we were able to make together.
"I am really excited about next season."
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget