Fabregas determined to ignore Wenger
Cesc Fabregas is still intent on leaving Arsenal this summer for Barcelona, despite the optimistic noises coming from his manager Arsène Wenger about convincing the Spaniard to stay.
Fabregas remains in London to undergo fitness work on a hamstring injury while the first-team squad undertakes a pre-season tour of Malaysia. According to sources close to Fabregas, he is still seeking a move and his situation has not changed in the last month. Barça made an official bid of £27m last month, which was rejected by Arsenal, who value Fabregas at £40m. A part-exchange deal involving the Brazilian defender Maxwell was also turned down.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'