Fiorentina retain interest in Valon Behrami
Tuesday 11 January 2011
Fiorentina have not given up hope of signing Valon Behrami from West Ham.
Reports in England claimed West Ham recently turned down a bid from Fiorentina for the Swiss midfielder after their asking price was not met.
Behrami is keen to return to Italy and has also been linked with Serie A side Roma in the winter transfer market.
"We are hopeful," said Fiorentina club administrator Sandro Mencucci to Rai 3 when asked about his club's interest in Behrami.
"But until he is in Florence and he has signed, we cannot be sure."
Behrami played three years at Lazio before moving to the Hammers in the summer of 2008.
The 25-year-old is under contract with the Premier League outfit until June 2013.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Female BBC presenter receives offensive and sexist letter after she criticised level of women's sport given TV coverage and sponsorship
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
West Brom vs Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey desperate to be back in the middle for Arsenal title challenge
Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland