Free agent Diarra signs up for Fulham campaign
Tuesday 28 February 2012
Fulham yesterday signed the Mali midfielder Mahamadou Diarra until the end of the season, pending a visa being granted.
The 30-year-old played for AS Monaco for the second half of last term after four seasons at Real Madrid, where he made 122 appearances and won two Spanish league titles. However, he barely featured in the first team once Jose Mourinho arrived as manager.
Diarra spent five seasons before that at Lyons, winning the French Ligue 1 title four times.
The Premier League club said there was an option to extend the deal to 2013.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are