Fulham and Newcastle 'target' Douglas 'wants to remain at FC Twente'
Tuesday 28 August 2012
FC Twente's Douglas is happy playing his football in Holland and is not
looking for a move to England, according to his management group.
The 24-year-old Brazil-born defender's name has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs over the summer, in particular Fulham and Newcastle.
However, speaking to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf this morning, Rodrigo da Silveira from MP9 Sports has denied talk of a move to Fulham or anywhere else.
"We are not in London and won't go to London. We are with Douglas in Enschede and are not negotiating with Fulham," he said.
"On Thursday Douglas will play against Bursaspor. Douglas is very happy at FC Twente and wanted to remain there this season."
Douglas joined Twente from Brazilian club Joinville in 2007 and last year received his Dutch passport in a bid to break in to his adopted country's national team.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage