Gaston Ramirez completes transfer from Bologna to Southampton
Southampton have completed the signing of Gaston Ramirez from Bologna for an undisclosed fee.
The 21-year-old playmaker has signed a four-year contract at St Mary's with the Barclays Premier League club revealing that a verbal agreement was in place last Friday.
A statement on saints.co.uk read: "Saints are pleased to confirm the signing of Uruguayan international Gaston Ramirez from Italian side Bologna."
Saints manager Nigel Adkins added: "A lot of hard work has gone in from the football club with a lot of negotiations behind the scenes to get this deal done.
"Great credit to everyone because we have a young, exciting talent joining us who is one of the best around.
"The chairman has gone and backed this deal big-time with the financial outlay, and what we have got is one of the most exciting prospects in world football coming to St Mary's.
"There is a lot of ambition at the football club and we are all delighted that Gaston is going to come and join us."
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria