Hughes wins race for Hoilett
Saturday 28 July 2012
Junior Hoilett has become the latest addition to Queen's Park Rangers' growing squad after agreeing a four-year contract at Loftus Road.
The 22-year-old Canadian midfielder, whose deal at Blackburn had expired, is their seventh new arrival this summer.
Hoilett revealed his relationship with QPR manager Mark Hughes, who signed him for Blackburn in 2007, was crucial: "The manager played a big part in my decision to come here. He's someone I know well having worked with him and his team at Blackburn."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture