Hulk transfer to Chelsea put in doubt by agent
Tuesday 12 June 2012
Hulk’s move to Chelsea does not appear to be so certain following the latest announcement by his agent Teodoro Fonseca.
Chelsea have been chasing the £38m rated Porto striker with reports in the last month claiming they were favourites for his signature.
However, Fonseca has revealed that there are several other clubs chasing the player and that the Porto frontman could even end up staying in Portugal.
"The Blues [Chelsea] are not the only European club interested and at the moment it all depends on Porto," Fonseca told Record.
"I am in permanent contact with president Pinto Da Costa but there have been no advances on this subject.
"The club want him to stay and we have received the offer of a new deal.
"If Hulk stays in Porto then there is no problem as he is happy in Porto. He has had three years of interest from big European clubs and he still plays in Portugal."
Hulk himself has refused to be drawn into commenting on his future and is focusing on preparation for this summer’s Olympics with Brazil.
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police forces probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile