Inter Milan ready to resume Carlos Tevez transfer talks
Friday 13 January 2012
Inter Milan are ready to reopen talks with Manchester City over Carlos Tevez after rivals AC Milan pulled out of negotiations for the Argentinian striker.
Earlier this week, Inter president Massimo Moratti conceded defeat to Milan in the fight for Tevez, but that was before Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani yesterday withdrew from talks with the Barclays Premier League club in the wake of Alexandre Pato's refusal to join Paris St Germain.
With Tevez's future once again up in the air, Moratti is ready to make another move next week.
Ahead of this weekend's Milan derby, Moratti told the club's website: "We and City know all about Tevez's situation but we have decided to postpone talks until next week as right now my thoughts are on Sunday's game.
"There has certainly been contact (with City).
"We are in talks with clubs all around the world, including City."
Reports in Italy claim Inter are prepared to offer 25million euros (£20.75million) for Tevez, who has not featured for City since falling out with manager Roberto Mancini in September.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are