Juventus weigh up offer for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie
Friday 20 July 2012
Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta has hinted that Arsenal have named their price for Robin van Persie.
Whether or not the Italian champions, who are Van Persie's preferred choice, can stump up the cash, however, remains to be seen.
Juventus face competition for the striker from Manchester United and Manchester City but no club has been able to agree a fee with Arsenal for the 28-year-old.
Marotta said: "Van Persie is a fan's dream. Everyone has dreams but then you have to confront this with the reality. We know what we have to do and that is the important thing."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit