Lazio: No deal yet for Aleksandar Kolarov
Friday 16 July 2010
Lazio insist they have yet to receive a written offer from Manchester City for Aleksandar Kolarov.
Reports in England and Italy have suggested the 24-year-old full-back is close to joining the big-spending Eastlands outfit.
But Lazio president Claudio Lotito is adamant there is currently no deal in place.
"Right now Aleksandar is a Lazio player and there is no agreement with Manchester City because I have not received a written offer," he said.
The Italian media claim the two clubs cannot agree on a transfer fee with Lazio having placed a 22.5million euro price tag on the player and City willing to offer a reported 18million euros.
"Until an offer arrives we cannot discuss if there is a disagreement between the two parties (Lazio and Manchester City)," added Lotito.
Kolarov is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2011 but the Serbia international, who is currently on holiday, could leave the Rome side in the next 24 hours, according to Lazio coach Edy Reja.
Reja said: "His (Kolarov's) transfer will happen soon.
"We are closely monitoring what is happening."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent