Liverpool sign highly-rated Crewe youngster Dan Smith after Manchester City deal breaks down
Wednesday 18 April 2012
Liverpool have completed the signing of highly-rated Crewe youngster Dan Smith.
The north west clubs have agreed a fee in the region of £300,000 for the 16-year-old midfielder, who is the latest sought-after name to emerge from Alex's famed youth production line.
Former Anfield stars Rob Jones and Danny Murphy started their careers with the Railwaymen before making the move to Merseyside.
Smith, a member of the Crewe Academy since the age of 11, was set to join Manchester City last month but the deal fell through.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts