Liverpool transfer news: Kolo Toure set for £1.5m move to Turkish side Trabzonspor
Ivorian could move to Turkey after just a year at Anfield
Kolo Toure looks set to seal a move to Turkey with Trabzonspor president Ibrahim Haciosmanoglu saying terms having been agreed with the defender.
The 33-year-old arrived at Anfield last summer after being released by former club Manchester City.
But after a season in which he played just 24 matches in all competitions, he could be on the move again.
“We are building the type of squad which we promised to the fans,” Haciosmanoglu is quoted as saying.
“We have agreed terms with Kolo Toure and we will bring him to the club.”
Toure begun the season as first-choice but lost his place in November after a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal.
For the rest of the season he was in and out of the team but lost his place once and for all after an error at West Brom in February cost Liverpool two points, starting just two matches after that.
With the arrival of Dejan Lovren from Southampton, Toure has been deemed surplus to requirements.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'