Lyon yet to receive bid for Tottenham 'target' Hugo Lloris
Thursday 12 July 2012
In the face of
speculation that Tottenham are pursuing Hugo Lloris, Lyon chairman Jean-Michel
Aulas insists that the club has received no offers.
With Spurs two main keepers, Brad Friedel and Carlo Cudicini, both coming to the end of their careers, and there being question marks over Heurelho Gomes’ reliability, it had been rumoured that Andre Villas-Boas was lining up a bid for the Lyon stopper.
The 25-year-old who captained France at Euro 2012 still has three years left on his contract but it is thought that he could be ready to move on.
However, Aulas has rejected claims that Spurs have made an offer and has given Tottenham and any other interested parties until Monday to make an approach.
"There is no official offer for Hugo Lloris," he told L'Equipe.
"If it is not sorted out on Monday, he will stay and everyone will be happy."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit