Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
United continue to chase Juventus star after summer of frustration so far
Thursday 31 July 2014
Manchester United target Arturo Vidal is reportedly planning to force through a move to Old Trafford in the coming days after his agent flew in to finalise the switch.
According to Chilean newspaper El Mercurio, the Juventus ace is starting to seriously consider joining Louis van Gaal's side this summer.
The deal could cost the twenty-times English champions upwards of £35m.
The 27-year-old midfielder’s agent, Fernando Felicevich, is believed to be ‘working around the clock’ to secure his client a lucrative switch to the Premier League - despite Juventus insisting that he is going nowhere.
The reports suggest that Felicevich is set to meet with the Serie A club's director Giuseppe Marotta this afternoon to inform the Italian champions that Vidal has opted to leave.
Video: The latest transfer news
Read more: Louis van Gaal interview
Fellaini and Kagawa could head United exodus
All you need to know about Vidal
The Chile star, who impressed during this summer's World Cup in Brazil, only signed a new contract with the Bianconerri last year but the lure of English football could prove too great.
van Gaal, currently touring the United States with his new squad, is aware of his side's weaknesses and has isolated central midfield as an area in need of strengthening.
Arturo Vidal has emerged as a possible transfer target for Manchester United Speculation surrounding Vidal's future refuses to dissipate and, if unconfirmed reports by South American website Emol are to be believed, the player could even be about to undergo a medical in Manchester.
van Gaal's predecessor David Moyes, meanwhile, is no longer being investigated by the police after an alleged scuffle in a Lancashire bar in May.
Moyes was reportedly spoken to after Mr. Josh Gillibrand, a 23-year-old builder, claimed he was assaulted at the Emporium wine bar in Clitheroe.
The 51-year-old's account was corroborated by witnesses, however, who said the former Everton manager was verbally abused by a group of young adults upon entering the popular bar.
A spokesman for the force said: "After careful consideration of all the circumstances in this case it has been decided that no further action will be taken against anyone."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall