Manchester United transfer news: Potential targets during the January window
The Premier League champions are up against it this season - but can they bring in reinforcements to save their season?
Monday 06 January 2014
Manchester United's fifth home defeat of the season, against Swansea in the FA Cup, prompted David Moyes to open up about his plans in the transfer market.
The Scot revealed that there is an "urgency" to sign new players - but whether anyone can be brought in is a different matter.
“There is an urgency that we would like to bring people in but are those players available in January?" he said. "So there is no point in me hyping it up because the players we would like to bring in are probably not available in January, not because we don't want to do it.”
With strike duo, and United's two best players, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie struggling with injury this term - reinforcements up front wouldn't go amiss.
Midfield has long been an area identified as lacking in substance and even the defence has been creaking.
It could be a busy month at Old Trafford, and with that in mind, we take a look at those who could arrive and the likelihood of it happening.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools