Mathieu Debuchy latest: Arsene Wenger 'preparing £11m bid' to bring Newcastle defender to Arsenal
Wenger wants Frenchman to replace Bacary Sagna, according to reports
Arsene Wenger is preparing an £11m bid to bring France right back Mathieu Debuchy to the Emirates.
Wenger is missing a first choice right back after Bacary Sagna opted to join rivals Manchester City on a free transfer last month, and sees Newcastle's Debuchy as the perfect replacement.
Newcastle are willing to listen to offers for the 28-year-old, according to the Daily Mail.
He is currently at the World Cup with France, who face Germany in the quarter-finals on Friday.
Debuchy is Didier Deschamps' first choice for Les Bleus, ahead of Sagna, having started three out of their four matches at the tournament so far.
Joining from Lille in January 2013, for around £5.5m, Debuchy has played 46 games for the Magpies, scoring one goal.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin