Newcastle defender Shane Ferguson joins Birmingham on loan
The 21-year-old Northern Ireland international will stay at St Andrew's until April 1
Thursday 28 February 2013
Newcastle defender Shane Ferguson as joined npower Championship side Birmingham on a month's loan.
The 21-year-old Northern Ireland international will stay at St Andrew's, where he will link up with former Magpie Lee Clark, until April 1 and could make his debut in Saturday's league clash with Hull.
Ferguson is the second man to have tasted senior action with Alan Pardew's side this season to go out on loan within a matter of days after midfielder Sammy Ameobi was allowed to join Middlesbrough for the remainder of the season on Monday.
Latest in Sport
2014 World Cup draw: Roy Hodgson raises possibility of England switching base away from Rio de Janeiro
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: Brendan Rodgers takes a swipe at Arsenal by claiming Luis Suarez is now worth '£40m and two pounds'
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail