Blackburn chairman John Williams has revealed the club have yet to receive a bid for striker Roque Santa Cruz and they are concerning themselves more with bringing players in.
Santa Cruz has continually been linked with Manchester City, whose manager Mark Hughes signed the Paraguay international when in charge of Rovers last season.
However, Williams said no official approach had been made and that the club, currently 19th in the Barclays Premier League, were getting on with the job of trying to strengthen Sam Allardyce's squad.
"The Santa Cruz situation continues to hang over our heads, but as I keep saying we have had no bids at the moment so there is nothing to discuss," he said.
"Our focus has to be our next game at Fulham (on Saturday) and the 17 games after that.
"We know we are in a fight but our immediate focus is on getting people fit."
Rovers have been linked with Sunderland forward El-Hadji Diouf, who was a key player for Allardyce when he was in charge at Bolton.
And although the chairman refused to confirm their interest in the player, he admitted Rovers were closing in on their first target.
"There is one player we have moved on. I would say we are very close to making a bid for one player but I would again stress there is no emergency," he told the Lancashire Telegraph.
"Sam has had a very considered look at what we have got though and we think it would take a good player to improve on what we already have at the club.
"He is not taking a scatter gun approach to the transfer window and I would stress at the moment there have been no bids made or received."Reuse content