Paris Saint Germain deny interest in Chelsea captain John Terry
Wednesday 04 July 2012
Paris Saint Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti has denied reports that he is planning to sign Chelsea captain John Terry.
The centre-back skippered the club during the Italian’s time there between 2009 and 2011, and the two men were believed to have had a good relationship.
There has been speculation in the last few days that cash-splashing PSG had made Terry a target.
However, Ancelotti says that although he is looking for a new central defender, the Chelsea captain, who lifted the Champions League last season, is not in his plans.
"We are looking for a central defender. The club is in contact with some players, but not John Terry," the Italian said.
"Last year, we ranked second. This year, we clearly want to be champions. There's also the Champions League, which will be as important as Ligue 1. But I think it will be easier to win the league."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are