Paris Saint Germain deny interest in Chelsea captain John Terry
Wednesday 04 July 2012
Paris Saint Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti has denied reports that he is planning to sign Chelsea captain John Terry.
The centre-back skippered the club during the Italian’s time there between 2009 and 2011, and the two men were believed to have had a good relationship.
There has been speculation in the last few days that cash-splashing PSG had made Terry a target.
However, Ancelotti says that although he is looking for a new central defender, the Chelsea captain, who lifted the Champions League last season, is not in his plans.
"We are looking for a central defender. The club is in contact with some players, but not John Terry," the Italian said.
"Last year, we ranked second. This year, we clearly want to be champions. There's also the Champions League, which will be as important as Ligue 1. But I think it will be easier to win the league."
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Johnson destroys sorry England to give Australia command in second Test
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail