Parma still chasing Borini
Thursday 20 January 2011
Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi has not given up hope of signing Chelsea striker Fabio Borini.
The Serie A club are looking to strengthen their attacking line by acquiring the 19-year-old Italian before the transfer window closes.
Ghirardi said on the club's official website, http://www.fcparma.it: "We have started talks with the player.
"But for the time being Borini is a Chelsea player.
"We are nevertheless optimistic that this transfer will be completed."
Borini, who has not made a first-team appearance for Chelsea this season, has yet to sign a contract extension with the Blues with his current deal ending this summer.
The Italy U-21 player joined Chelsea from Bologna in 2007 and has been sidelined since early December after undergoing shoulder surgery.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'