QPR agree fee with Manchester City for Nedum Onuoha
QPR have had an offer accepted for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha, Press Association Sport understands.
The 25-year-old has been little more than a fringe player at City and could now link up with former manager Mark Hughes at Loftus Road.
It is understood a fee between £2.5million and £2.75million has been agreed for the defender, who now has permission to speak to the west Londoners.
There had been reports of a £3million fee and wages of up to £80,000 per week, but it is understood that Onuoha would earn significantly less than reported.
While an offer has been accepted for the former Sunderland loanee, a deal is by no means done as he considers whether he wants to move south.
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.