Stoke reveal interest in Netherlands international Erik Pieters
Chairman admits club are seeking a left-back
Monday 24 June 2013
Stoke chairman Peter Coates has confirmed the club are on the lookout for a new left-back this summer - and that Holland international Erik Pieters could be the man for the job.
The Potters are yet to recruit any new players since Mark Hughes' appointment as manager last month, although winger Jermaine Pennant has been given a new one-year contract.
The Staffordshire outfit have been linked with a move for PSV Eindhoven left-back Pieters, and, regarding the prospect of bringing in the 24-year-old, Coates told The Sentinel: "We are certainly looking for a left-back because we've only got Marc Wilson at the moment, and he was brought in as a midfield player.
"We haven't made any decision (on Pieters) because we are looking at options, but he's certainly a possibility."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
- 3 Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict