Sunderland's Campbell on his way to Cardiff
Monday 21 January 2013
Cardiff have signed Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell on a three-and-a-half-year deal.
The 25-year-old England international moves to south Wales for an undisclosed fee having scored 10 times in 72 Sunderland appearances since joining from Manchester United.
Campbell came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford and spent loan spells with Antwerp and Tottenham but made a name for himself while on loan at Hull, scoring 15 goals in 32 starts to help them reach the top flight. He made his full England debut against Holland 11 months ago but has scored just once in 15 appearances this season.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ian Herbert: England need to learn from Aussies and master art of avoiding ‘the creep’ so they can keep winning when they are winning
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent