Tottenham transfer news: West Brom reject Saido Berahino bid and have 'no interest' in selling the striker to Spurs

Selling Berahino 'not on our agenda'

Click to follow

West Bromwich Albion have announced that they have rejected an offer from Tottenham Hotspur for Saido Berahino.

The 22-year-old, who scored 14 Premier League goals last season, has been linked with Spurs all summer but West Brom released a statement to say they have "no interest" in selling him.

The bid was reported to be around £15million.

"We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told [Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy," said West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace to the club website.

"I know we are living in an age where no club can say 'never' about the possibility of selling a player.

"However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda.

"We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."

Berahino has started in both of West Brom's games of the new Barclays Premier League season and remains a key part of head coach Tony Pulis' plans.

However, after the goalless draw at Watford on Saturday Pulis admitted the club would not turn down a "ridiculous offer" for the player, who was called up into the England senior squad last year.

Tottenham are expected to return with an improved offer for Berahino as they seek to bolster their striking department after the departure of Roberto Soldado to Villarreal last week.

Additional reporting from PA

Comments