Transfer news: £21m Arsenal target Bernard says 'farewell' to Atletico Mineiro
The Brazil international says 'God' will decide his future
Arsenal's hopes of signing Brazilian playmaker Bernard appear to have received a boost after the player's agent hinted that the 20-year-old had played his last game for Atletico Mineiro.
The £21m target was on the victorious side in last night's Copa Libertadores final against Olympia - which Mineiro won on penalties.
Significantly, after the match, his agent Adriano Spadoto tweeted: "Congratulations, Bernard. Double-winner! Confederations Cup, Libertadores . . . the perfect farewell."
However, Bernard remains unsure where he will be playing next season and said: "It is up to God to decide whether I stay or not."
Reports in France suggest the Brazil international will arrive in London tomorrow to undergo a medical. In response to those claims, Arsene Wenger said "the report is not true", however, the Frenchman is famed for his obfuscation over transfer dealings.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit