Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
We take a look at the players who have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge next month
Thursday 19 December 2013
While Jose Mourinho has said he will not be making big moves in the January transfer window, reports seem to suggest otherwise.
With his side struggling for goals up front, it seems likely that he will try and bring in a proven goalscorer.
Not only that but despite the depth of certain areas of the squad, the centre of the midfield has at times looked a little stretched so it wouldn't be a surprise to see the club strengthen that.
Chelsea's defence has also looked a little creaky this season so it is also plausible that some new faces might be brought in there, particularly given Mourinho's apparent growing mistrust in Ashley Cole.
You can see some of the players who have been linked in the press and online with a switch to Stamford Bridge in the gallery below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Man gives barefoot bus passenger the shoes off his feet
- 4 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
- 5 50-year mystery of the ocean ‘quack’ finally solved by scientists
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: Calling Ukip’s posters ‘racist’ is yet another example of shameful Westminster evasion