Transfer news: Chelsea and Manchester City eye move for Paris Saint-Germain defensive midfielder Blaise Matuidi - reports
French international is a free agent at the end of the season
Thursday 24 October 2013
Chelsea and Manchester City will attempt to sign Paris Saint-Germain defensive midfielder Blaise Matuidi on a pre-contract in January, according to reports in France.
The France international’s deal at the Parc des Princes expires in June, and L’Equipe have reported that both clubs have made an enquiry.
Matuidi is understood to be in talks with PSG over a contract extension but the deal has stalled due to the extent of his pay rise.
The 26-year-old has made 15 appearances for the French side after making his debut in 2010.
He has been an ever-present for PSG since joining from Saint-Etienne in July 2011.
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget