Transfer news: Chelsea and Manchester City eye move for Paris Saint-Germain defensive midfielder Blaise Matuidi - reports
French international is a free agent at the end of the season
Thursday 24 October 2013
Chelsea and Manchester City will attempt to sign Paris Saint-Germain defensive midfielder Blaise Matuidi on a pre-contract in January, according to reports in France.
The France international’s deal at the Parc des Princes expires in June, and L’Equipe have reported that both clubs have made an enquiry.
Matuidi is understood to be in talks with PSG over a contract extension but the deal has stalled due to the extent of his pay rise.
The 26-year-old has made 15 appearances for the French side after making his debut in 2010.
He has been an ever-present for PSG since joining from Saint-Etienne in July 2011.
Latest in Sport
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast