Welcome to the new Independent website. We hope you enjoy it and we value your feedback. Please contact us here.

Transfer news: Fulham reveal they have not been contacted by Arsenal about Dimitar Berbatov

The Bulgarian has been strongly linked with a move away from Craven Cottage this month

Fulham say they have not had any enquiries for unsettled striker Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgarian forward has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal this month as Arsene Wenger seeks back-up to his first choice forward Olivier Giroud.

Earlier this month, Barbatov's agent said his client was keen to leave Fulham while the player himself has done little to quell speculation, even posting a video with the title 'Berbatov could fire Arsenal to the title' on his Facebook page.

However, a Fulham spokesman today said there had been no contact.

Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen added: "No. There is no problem at all, he is a Fulham player."

The Gunners will have an opportunity to get a closer look at the former Manchester United forward on Saturday when Fulham visit the Emirates.

It will also be a chance for Berbatov, whose contract runs out at the end of the season, to show off his talents. However, Meulensteen insists the 32-year-old will be focused on his current club.

"I know how he is and Berba sees this as an important game against Arsenal."