Transfer news: Gokhan Inler refuses to be drawn on Arsenal speculation
Napoli midfielder plays down transfer talk
Thursday 19 December 2013
Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler has refused to be drawn on speculation linking him with a January transfer to Arsenal.
The Swiss midfielder, who has helped his team up to third place in the Serie A table this season, is reportedly admired by Arsene Wenger .
The Gunners may well be in the market for a central midfielder of his type, with their current options perhaps lacking a bit of strength.
However Inler moved to calm rumours that he might be on his way out of the Italian club.
“The transfer market? You will have to ask my agent, I do not pay attention to these things,” Inler told TMW. “I’m completely focused on my duties as a player.”
The 29-year-old has made 15 league appearances for Napoli this season, scoring one goal and creating one assist.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss