Transfer news: PSG splash out £30m on Brazilian defender Marquinhos
The 19-year-old arrives from Roma on a five year contract
Friday 19 July 2013
Paris St Germain have announced the signing of Brazilian defender Marquinhos.
The 19-year-old centre-back moves from Serie A club Roma and has signed a five-year deal at the Parc de Princes.
No fee has been officially disclosed but it has been reported the Marquinhos has cost big-spending Les Parisiens in the region of €35million (£30.1million).
A statement on http://www.psg.fr read: "Paris Saint-Germain is delighted to announce that Marcos Aoas Correa, known as Marquinhos, has signed a five-year contract with the club after transferring from AS Roma."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke