Transfer news: Real Madrid to bid for Luis Suarez despite Liverpool opening contract talks - reports
Spanish giants set to try and lure Uruguayan away in the summer
Thursday 19 December 2013
Real Madrid are reportedly planning a huge bid in order to prise Liverpool's prolific striker Luis Suarez away from the club this summer.
The small consolation for Liverpool fans is that because the Spanish giants want to minimise squad disruption, they won't be moving for the player in January.
However according to the latest reports in the Spanish media, they are very keen to open negotiations for the player in the summer.
After this summer's protracted saga, that saw Liverpool turn down two bids from Arsenal, it looks as if the club are set for another off-season of negotiations.
They are however trying to avoid that by offering him a new contract which would reportedly double his current deal and see him earn around £200,000 a week.
Latest in Sport
Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Compare the Barcelona and Real Madrid players in El Clasico
Paul Scholes column: I'm not worried about Manchester United's defence - Chelsea test can be the making of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Jose Mourinho to push for Diego Costa to play at Old Trafford
Tim Sherwood: The mavericks have always needed special handling – but Balotelli is not delivering his side of the bargain for Liverpool
Sunderland vs Arsenal: Premier League match preview
- 1 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 2 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo