Transfer news: Roma confirm offers received for Manchester United and Tottenham 'target' Miralem Pjanic
Monday 06 January 2014
Italian giants Roma claim they have received - and rejected - a number of offers from European clubs for Manchester United and Tottenham target Miralem Pjanic.
Paris Saint Germain were originally favourites to sign the 23-year-old, after reports in France suggested the Ligue 1 champions had made a bid, but Roma's sporting director Walter Sabatini has since revealed that the offers were from further field.
"We have had many offers for Miralem," Sabatini is quoted by the Gazzetta dello Sport.
"And not necessarily from PSG. For the moment he's not for sale."
The extent of the English duo's interest in the Bosnian winger is still conjecture but, with the Roma man in demand, any interested parties will be forced into making their intent known.
Moyes on the other hand, on the back of United's 2-1 home defeat to Swansea City in the FA Cup third round, doubts any significant deals can be done this month.
He said: "I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.
"We have a good, big squad that is getting stretched at the moment because of the number of games."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile