Transfer news: Sunderland sign Argentine international Ignacio Scocco
28-year-old arrives from Internacional in Brazil
Thursday 30 January 2014
Sunderland have announced the signing of Argentine international forward Ignacio Scocco on a two-and-a-half year deal.
The 28-year-old signed from Brazilian side Internacional and becomes Sunderland's fourth signing of the transfer window.
Scocco began his career in his native Argentina with Rosario side Newell's Old Boys, helping them to a league title in 2004.
However his career became slightly nomadic after that with spells in Mexico, Greece and the Middle East before he returned to Argentina and Newell's Old Boys.
It was there that he returned to his best form, helping the club to a league title in 2013, scoring 23 goals in 33 games to top the scoring charts.
He moved to Internacional in June 2013 before Gus Poyet lured him over to the north east of England.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage