Transfer news: Tottenham duo Tom Carroll and Benoit Assou-Ekotto sign for QPR
Pair make loan move to Loftus Road
Monday 02 September 2013
QPR have signed Tottenham's Tom Carroll and Benoit Assou-Ekotto on season-long loan deals.
Left-back Assou-Ekotto is out of favour at Tottenham and is yet to feature in any of the club's games so far this season.
Carroll, meanwhile, has seen his first-team opportunities diminish following the £100million spending spree that has seen midfielders Christian Eriksen, Erik Lamela, Etienne Capoue and Paulinho arrive at White Hart Lane.
Former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp wanted to be reunited with the pair as he aims to take his new club back in to the Barclays Premier League.
He faced stiff competition for Carroll, though, as two top-flight clubs were understood to be interested in taking the England Under-21 international on loan.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'