Transfer news: Tottenham duo Tom Carroll and Benoit Assou-Ekotto sign for QPR
Pair make loan move to Loftus Road
Monday 02 September 2013
QPR have signed Tottenham's Tom Carroll and Benoit Assou-Ekotto on season-long loan deals.
Left-back Assou-Ekotto is out of favour at Tottenham and is yet to feature in any of the club's games so far this season.
Carroll, meanwhile, has seen his first-team opportunities diminish following the £100million spending spree that has seen midfielders Christian Eriksen, Erik Lamela, Etienne Capoue and Paulinho arrive at White Hart Lane.
Former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp wanted to be reunited with the pair as he aims to take his new club back in to the Barclays Premier League.
He faced stiff competition for Carroll, though, as two top-flight clubs were understood to be interested in taking the England Under-21 international on loan.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Jagielka: Moyes needs to bring in his own players
United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration