Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur reportedly demand £10m for Napoli target Etienne Capoue
Serie A club favourites to sign French midfielder
Thursday 16 January 2014
Tottenham Hotspur are prepared to sell Napoli target Etienne Capoue but only for around £10m, according to reports.
The French international has been one of several players to struggle to make an impact in north London since arriving this summer and has made just six league starts for the club.
He has been held back by an ankle injury sustained against Arsenal in August although manager Tim Sherwood is reportedly not convinced that the midfielder has what it takes anyway.
Serie A side Napoli are thought to be in pole position for Capoue's signature, and are thought to be about to offer a bid of £9.2m plus incentives.
Rafael Benitez is keen to bolster his ranks as he looks to secure a top four finish with his side in this year's Serie A and with Capoue slipping down the pecking order at Spurs, he would seem a perfect fit.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato