Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur reportedly demand £10m for Napoli target Etienne Capoue
Serie A club favourites to sign French midfielder
Thursday 16 January 2014
Tottenham Hotspur are prepared to sell Napoli target Etienne Capoue but only for around £10m, according to reports.
The French international has been one of several players to struggle to make an impact in north London since arriving this summer and has made just six league starts for the club.
He has been held back by an ankle injury sustained against Arsenal in August although manager Tim Sherwood is reportedly not convinced that the midfielder has what it takes anyway.
Serie A side Napoli are thought to be in pole position for Capoue's signature, and are thought to be about to offer a bid of £9.2m plus incentives.
Rafael Benitez is keen to bolster his ranks as he looks to secure a top four finish with his side in this year's Serie A and with Capoue slipping down the pecking order at Spurs, he would seem a perfect fit.
Latest in Sport
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services