Transfer news: Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby linked with return to former club Schalke
Hotly has struggled to make an impact since arriving at White Hart Lane in 2013
Tuesday 14 January 2014
The agent of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Lewis Holtby says his client could make a return to former club Schalke this winter in a bid to play more regularly.
The 23-year-old has struggled to make an impact since joining Spurs a year ago and his agent Marcus Noack has suggested a return to the Royal Blues in a bid to boost his dwindling hopes of appearing at the World Cup in the summer.
"Lewis is desperate to play, which is why we are looking intensively for solutions," Noack told the Bild newspaper.
"Schalke is an interesting option."
With Jermaine Jones requesting a transfer, Schalke could find themselves short of numbers in midfield and a loan of Holtby until the end of the season could be an option.
Holtby left Schalke for Tottenham a year ago after 18 months with the Bundesliga club.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts