Transfer news: Tottenham reportedly eye move for former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou
Spurs reportedly set for talks with Lille
Friday 17 January 2014
Tottenham are interested in a move for Lille's Salomon Kalou according to reports.
The north Londoners are said to be eyeing a £2.6m deal for the Ivory Coast forward who is a former Chelsea player.
The 28-year-old is reportedly due in London today to hold talks with the club.
Kalou spent six seasons at Chelsea after arriving from Feyenoord in 2006 before leaving for Lille on a free transfer in 2012.
However Lille have reportedly stated that they do not want to sell the Ivorian, which would appear to pose a problem for Spurs.
Kalou has 63 caps for the Ivory Coast and is expected to be a part of their World Cup squad this summer.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss