Transfer news: Winger Charis Mavrias set for Sunderland medical ahead of £2.5m move
The 19-year-old will join from Panathinaikos
Wednesday 21 August 2013
Greek teenage winger Charis Mavrias has arrived in Sunderland for a medical ahead of a £2.5million move from Panathinaikos.
The 19-year-old Greece international, who has two caps to his name, has begun talks at the Stadium of Light.
Mavrias is the second youngest player to play in the Champions League - at the age of 16 years and eight months - and has since made more than 60 appearances for Panathinaikos, scoring six goals.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs West Brom: Jose Mourinho turns on ‘Dr Sergio Ramos’ in Spanish spat
Prince Harry leads the congratulations for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi, calling him 'an absolute legend' as he crossed the finish line
WWE Survivor Series 2014: What time does the event start? And full card
Arsenal vs Manchester United player ratings: Who was the star man? Wayne Rooney or David De Gea?
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool player ratings: Dwight Gayle? Yannick Bolasie? Who stole the show at Selhurst Park?
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services