Transfer Talk: Tuesday 23 June

Click to follow
The Independent Online

They shoot...

Pirlo given green light to go

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi says the club are open to offers for Andrea Pirlo. "I was the first to say he must stay," Berlusconi said of the 30-year-old international. "But then they showed me the sums [Pirlo's wages]. If there's an offer, it should be considered."



They score...

Sahar heads south for Spain

Chelsea striker Ben Sahar, 19, has joined Spanish outfit Espanyol on a four-year deal after failing to impress at Stamford Bridge. The Israeli international made just five substitute appearances in three years at Chelsea, going out on loan four times.



Reds secure diamond King

Liverpool have signed striker Aaron King from Rushden and Diamonds after the 16-year-old impressed on trial. "We're thrilled for Aaron," Rushden's head of youth development, Paul Driver, said. "This is a brilliant achievement for everyone involved."



Bates commits future to Boro'

Versatile Middlesbrough midfielder Matthew Bates has signed a three-year contract extension with the club. The 22-year-old, who played in defence and central midfield last season, had been expected to lead the exodus from the Riverside following the club's relegation, but has now committed his future to Gareth Southgate's side.



They miss...

Duo free to leave San Siro

Internazionale president Massimo Moratti admits the club have just a "50 per cent chance" of keeping Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Maicon. "As a fan I'd want them to stay," Moratti said of the Swedish striker and Brazilian full-back. "But as a president with a balance sheet, if they want to go, they can go."

Comments