The window of opportunity will slam shut at 11pm on Wednesday evening, and there's plenty more business still to be conducted. But £318 million has already been spent on Premier League recruitment and that figure looks set to dwarf last summer's final total of £330.1m. So what major deals could still go through?
David N'gog: Liverpool to Bolton?
Encouraged that nobody wants to stump up the money for Gary Cahill, Bolton are hopeful of a lower-profile move for N'gog, a striker now way down Liverpool's pecking order.
Alvaro Pereira: Porto to Chelsea?
Ever since losing Andre Villas-Boas to Chelsea, Porto have feared he would want to take a player or two with him. Pereira, a left-sided full-back or midfielder, is the one he wants most and has made a bid for.
Craig Bellamy: Manchester City to Liverpool?
Another maverick who is worth his place on the pitch but is high maintenance off it, Bellamy is said to be "considering" a return to Anfield. What's to consider? Just do it, boyo.
Wilson Palacios: Tottenham to Stoke?
Tony Pulis is another manager desperate to do some business in the next few days and should be able to secure the Honduran midfielder once Spurs sign Diarra or Scott Parker.
Lassana Diarra: Real Madrid to Tottenham?
One of the few players Arsène Wenger released prematurely, the burly midfielder's one season at Portsmouth persuaded Real Madrid to pay €20m (£18.8m) for him. Harry Redknapp would love to have Diarra back.
Five most expensive signings
1. Sergio Aguero: Atletico Madrid to Manchester City, £38m
2. Cesc Fabregas: Arsenal to Barcelona, £35m
3. Samir Nasri: Arsenal to Manchester City, £25m
4. Juan Mata: Valencia to Chelsea, £23.5m
5= Romelu Lukaku: Anderlecht to Chelsea £20m; Stewart Downing: Aston Villa to Liverpool £20m
Five best summer bargains
1. Shay Given: Manchester City to Aston Villa, £3.5m
2. Brad Friedel: Aston Villa to Tottenham, free
3. Shane Long: Reading to West Bromwich Albion, £6.5m
4. Seb Larsson: Birmingham to Sunderland, free
5. Wes Brown: Manchester United to Sunderland, £1mReuse content