Wheater heads to Bolton for £2.3m
Friday 21 January 2011
Middlesbrough defender David Wheater has joined Bolton on a three-year deal for £2.3m. The 23-year-old, who could make his debut against Chelsea on Monday, moves as doubts persist over the future of Gary Cahill.
"He has a number of strengths," the Bolton manager, Owen Coyle, said. "He is dominant in the air and comfortable on the ball. He can pass well and is a good reader of the game."
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Missing out on Tottenham job was a 'close shave', says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend