Wigan target Roger Espinoza given green light to join Premier League
Monday 17 December 2012
Roger Espinoza, the Honduras midfielder, will join Wigan in January after being granted permission to work in the UK.
A decision by a Football Association panel gave the 26-year-old the all-clear to join the club when his contract with MLS side Sporting Kansas City expires at the end of December.
Roberto Martinez, the Wigan manager, said: "It is great news for us that he can now join up in January.
"He is a player we have been following closely since June 2010, when he made his debut in the World Cup versus Chile."
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke