Wigan target Roger Espinoza given green light to join Premier League
Monday 17 December 2012
Roger Espinoza, the Honduras midfielder, will join Wigan in January after being granted permission to work in the UK.
A decision by a Football Association panel gave the 26-year-old the all-clear to join the club when his contract with MLS side Sporting Kansas City expires at the end of December.
Roberto Martinez, the Wigan manager, said: "It is great news for us that he can now join up in January.
"He is a player we have been following closely since June 2010, when he made his debut in the World Cup versus Chile."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage