Video: Latest transfer news - PSG drop out of race for Angel Di Maria and Manchester United register interest in Sami Khedira
A run-down of today's best gossip
Check out the latest football transfer gossip with our daily video round-up.
On Friday, Paris Saint-Germain's manager, Laurent Blanc, said that the French club would not try to sign Angel Di Maria due to Financial Fair Play regulations, thus clearing the way for Manchester United to attempt to finalise a deal with the Argentinian, who is currently at Real Madrid.
United are also apparently joining the race for another Madrid player, Sami Khedira. Khedira told Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti that he wanted to leave the club this summer.
Liverpool are still interested in free agent striker Samuel Eto'o despite their signing of Mario Balotelli this week. After the sale of Luis Suarez, Liverpool only have Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert as first-team strikers.
Video: The latest transfer news
Down in London, Tottenham are close to signing Sevilla defender Federico Fazio. Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino is expected to pay £8m.
Tim Sherwood ruled himself out of the race to become Crystal Palace's new manager. Former Celtic manager Neil Lennon is now the bookies' favourite.
For more sports video content, CLICK HERE.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes