Bafana Bafana coach killed
Saturday 20 October 2012
South Africa assistant coach Thomas Madigage has died in a car accident, the South African Football Association has confirmed.
Madigage died in the accident near Burgersfort in Limpopo, the country's northernmost province, in the early hours of yesterday morning.
"We are shocked and at a loss for words and as we speak, we are on our way to meet the family and find out what actually happened," the SAFA president, Kirsten Nematandani, said.
"We would like to pass our sincere condolences to the family, friends and the entire nation on this shocking development."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Latest in Sport
Paul Pogba to Chelsea? Juventus star linked with £60m transfer spotted in west London
World Cup 2014: Neymar's agent launches scathing attack on Brazil's Luis Felipe Scolari, labelling him 'an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive, conceited and ridiculous'
Loic Remy to Arsenal? Gunners close in on move for QPR and France striker - reports
Angel di Maria: Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal 'monitoring' Real Madrid star
World Cup 2014: The 50 best players of the World Cup
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs