Bristol City defender Greg Cunningham gets late Republic of Ireland call
Tuesday 03 September 2013
Bristol City defender Greg Cunningham has been called into the Republic of Ireland squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Sweden and Austria.
The 22-year-old, who was first capped at senior level by Giovanni Trapattoni during his time at Manchester City, has been drafted in as cover with Stephen Kelly having withdrawn for family reasons and with Marc Wilson nursing an ankle problem.
A spokesman for the Football Association of Ireland said: “Greg Cunningham has been called up the Irish squad to face Sweden this Friday and Austria on Tuesday.”
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: United given new hope in race for Juan Cuadrado as Barcelona talks stall
Manchester United transfer news: United close in on Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen
Manchester City transfer news: Frank Lampard heads to Etihad as pre-New York City FC stopgap
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers plans more Anfield signings this summer
Commonwealth Games 2014: Usain Bolt eases Jamaica into men's relay final
- 1 Israel-Gaza conflict: 'When Genocide is Permissible' article removed from The Times of Israel website
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire