Bristol City defender Greg Cunningham gets late Republic of Ireland call
Tuesday 03 September 2013
Bristol City defender Greg Cunningham has been called into the Republic of Ireland squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Sweden and Austria.
The 22-year-old, who was first capped at senior level by Giovanni Trapattoni during his time at Manchester City, has been drafted in as cover with Stephen Kelly having withdrawn for family reasons and with Marc Wilson nursing an ankle problem.
A spokesman for the Football Association of Ireland said: “Greg Cunningham has been called up the Irish squad to face Sweden this Friday and Austria on Tuesday.”
Latest in Sport
William Carvalho to Arsenal? Gunners make new enquiry for £35m rated midfielder
Manchester United transfer news: More signings expected, indicates Ed Woodward
CM Punk 'never ever ever' going to return to WWE (so he probably will)
Manchester United transfer news: Completed summer deals
James Rodriguez joins Real Madrid: World Cup star completes £63m move
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel ‘admits to shooting down plane’
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda