Drogba controversy in Ivory Coast's victory
Monday 23 January 2006
Drogba won the disputed penalty on Saturday when Emerse Fae's ball from the right caused Walid Regragui to pull back the Chelsea striker. First contact was made just outside the area but the defender, as last man, should have been sent off. He was not, but Drogba then drilled the spot-kick into the corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper Tarek Jarmouni.
Samuel Eto'o hit a hat-trick in Cameroon's 3-1 win over Angola. The Barcelona forward opened the scoring with a long-range free-kick before Flavio levelled for Angola from the penalty spot. Eto'o headed home a Rudolph Douala cross eight minutes later, and the result was sealed after 75 minutes with a 20-yard drive.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage