Drogba controversy in Ivory Coast's victory
Monday 23 January 2006
Drogba won the disputed penalty on Saturday when Emerse Fae's ball from the right caused Walid Regragui to pull back the Chelsea striker. First contact was made just outside the area but the defender, as last man, should have been sent off. He was not, but Drogba then drilled the spot-kick into the corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper Tarek Jarmouni.
Samuel Eto'o hit a hat-trick in Cameroon's 3-1 win over Angola. The Barcelona forward opened the scoring with a long-range free-kick before Flavio levelled for Angola from the penalty spot. Eto'o headed home a Rudolph Douala cross eight minutes later, and the result was sealed after 75 minutes with a 20-yard drive.
Latest in Sport
Commonwealth Games 2014 Opening Ceremony: Ewan McGregor launches Unicef charity fundraiser, making £2.5m in one night
Arsenal transfer news: Atletico Madrid closing in on Santi Cazorla deal - reports
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Arturo Vidal subject of £39m bid
Sami Khedira, Isco and Angel di Maria among Real Madrid players up for grabs this summer
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing