Fletcher put on easy list ahead of Cyprus friendly
Thursday 10 November 2011
Scotland captain and midfielder Darren Fletcher, along with striker Craig Mackail-Smith, did not train on Tuesday ahead of tomorrow's friendly against Cyprus.
Steven Whittaker, Phil Bardsley and Jamie Mackie also sat on the sidelines but manager Craig Levein stressed that it was a precautionary measure as the players continued their recovery from weekend games.
Charlie Adam, Graham Dorrans, Alan Hutton, David Marshall, Russell Martin and Lee Wallace have already pulled out of the match, while the Leeds winger Robert Snodgrass is a major doubt with a leg injury.
Latest in Sport
Kevin Garside: Manchester United may have history and tradition but, as David Moyes never realised, a big-time manager always bends such things to his will
Louis van Gaal denies problem with Wilfried Zaha despite Manchester United forward being given no game time
Manchester United latest: Juan Mata emerges as Louis van Gaal's favoured No 10 as prospect of signing Angel Di Maria fails to improve
Arsenal: Arrival of Calum Chambers and David Ospina puts Arsène Wenger's spending past £50m
Tour de France 2014: Vincenzo Nibali confirmed as champion as he puts Italy back on the map with triumph
- 1 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
- 4 Lauren Goodger sex tape: Reality star calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after intimate video leaks online
- 5 The Simpsons Family Guy trailer: First look at crossover episode after Comic-Con debut