Robin van Persie withdraws from Holland squad
Monday 07 February 2011
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has pulled out of the Holland squad for Wednesday night's friendly against Austria due to flu.
Van Persie played the full 90 minutes, scoring twice, for the Gunners in their 4-4 draw with Newcastle at the weekend but has been deemed unfit for the clash in Eindhoven.
Holland boss Bert van Marwijk, who is also without midfielders Rafael van der Vaart and Nigel de Jong, has called up FC Twente's Luuk de Jong as a replacement.
Latest in Sport
Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers plans more Anfield signings this summer
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho confirms Fernando Torres is staying at Stamford Bridge
Sami Khedira latest: Real Madrid desperate to sell midfielder to Arsenal rather than lose him for free to Bayern Munich next summer
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza